Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Anxious Night Before

Dearest Lucy,

Well....here it begins.

Or ended, whatever the case may be.

Past couple of days? Final FINALS, seeing seniors go, graduating, moving out, moving in and finally packing up. It's been a whirlwind, but that's just the way I like it.

And everything's been going my way thus far. Which is how I typically like it...I finally feel like I can put my life on cruise control.

Including my relationship with GOD.

Whoops.

Lack of schedule = lack of devoted quiet time. Luckily, I've got enough habit in me to keep going even when I don't feel like it, but the prayer life is absolutely dismal. Why this happens is the main question. I don't take out eating, getting on Facebook, checking email, watching TV out of the schedule. You're always good with a schedule Lucy. Wake up at the same time, eat dinner, get out of crate, go to the bathroom. Everything is set because these are the things you NEED to do. Food is your idol...if I could only copy that passion.

That's the hardest part of this type A nonsense - it's so much easier to coast when things are going just right.

Need for prayer for my trip to Peru? Absolutely! Prayer for the people there (http://www.operationworld.org/peru for a more in depth look) and prayer for a relationship and means to share the GOSPEL with others - the truth that everlasting, fulfilling Lord has come to save us from eternal Hell and will allow us to grow in a relationship with Him. I just need to set a better example of one saved though. Bah.

Prayer for myself? That GOD will take away my self-centered core and allow me to glorify Him in all things. And trust Him.

The first step is recognizing you have a problem right?

Welp Lucy, be good for Mom and Dad and Melissa
as you've always been and please don't poison yourself by eating the random stuff that's in my room. I'll be home soon to train you and guide you in the way you should go sure enough.

Love ya!
Marian

No comments:

Post a Comment