Sunday, June 2, 2013

Walking Around when the Night is Young....

I wish I knew more of the words to the song Lucy, but sadly I don't. As per usual. 

LUCY. I LITERALLY KNEW EVERYONE IN ALL OF CAJAMARCA TODAY. It felt super cool. 

Shall we start from the beginning? Well, apparently, there was supposed to be some type of parade occurring in the morning sometime but with my lovely Spanish skills - we missed it. So we just came upon an empty street in downtown, but that didn't stop the adventure (as always). We just walked around the town and ended up at some fancy smancy hotel while discussing our testimonies and our current walk with God. Here are some interesting sights I happened upon while walking - the place kind of smelled like sulfur because they get their hot water from the hot springs underground. Yummy! 



This Lucy is a peacock. First time I've ever seen one too. It wasn't even in a cage! 

Thank you Alpacas for your warm wool that keeps up warm at night. 


Horses? Ponies? Who knows. 

Cactus? What? 

Ohhhh steamy! 

Oh you fancy huh? 

Water is the essence of life. I wish I knew how to swim. 

 We then proceeded to hang out with friends at the local Quinde - a wonderful mall type area full of fun and excitement (it's about the size of Cary Towne Center Lucy, if you've ever been there). We talked more about life group and what it would look like with some of our local friends and we're actually starting this week. That's something super exciting, and something I would love prayer for - that people would come and truly hear the Gospel into their hearts and lives. I know God is in control of all things and I'm excited to see what He has in store. Here's a picture of one of our best friends - Gerson y Cynthia!

And here is Gerson's cutest little sister! She was really surprised at being held by a gringa! 

 The night ended with dinner with our favorite Perumie, Matus. He has to leave us sadly and go adventure in Peru and will not longer be living with us. He stood us up for 45 minutes at the restaurant, but luckily God has given us grace so that we may give it to others. Ah well. Here are some pictures of the downtown area at night - it was absolutely gorgeous! It's called Plaza de Armas and it looks like the colonial times. It's got nothing on downtown Apex (except for the fact that it lacks a Bojangles. Ahh Bojangles).



So in front of this was a strike against miners. Super dramatic. More to tell about that later, as I learn about it.  

Even though he made fun of us most of the time - we'll always be Perumies for life. Gotta love the color block primary colors. I'll see if I can get you a shirt too Lucy, except you'd probably rip it within minutes. And I believe dressing up animals is a form of animal abuse and I would never do that to you. Just don't tell anyone about the water bottles we feed you... 


Nuestra familia! Gotta love the Heaths. Hopefully I'll get a picture up with the kids soon. All in all Lucy I love it here and am so thankful for everything I've encountered. I'm also thankful for Grace the dog as something to pet. Do all dogs just want to be petted on their bellies? Is that a thing all dogs grow into? Just questions. 

Anyway today is going to be adventure in the kitchen - chicken alfredo Peruvian style (meaning hopefully it won't be kind of burnt). Continue to pray for the life group on Tuesday and also pray for the university students here - they are really seeking after something and I pray that we can talk to more of them this upcoming week about the life-changing Gospel. 

Love ya Lucy. 

Marian







No comments:

Post a Comment